Tuesday 19 October 2021

Blogtober 2021 :: Day 19

 







Fruit and flowers hanging on in the garden, along with some beans which might or might not get big enough to save and sow next year.

At this time of year I am ready to put it all away and head indoors to curl up on the sofa with a good book. I usually watch half an hour of television at the end of the evening, currently Scandal, which is a bit mad, but entertaining enough. Like a rather over the top version of West Wing. I would prefer to read to be honest, as I don't really have any time during the day for it, but I am going with the flow and as I say, it's not bad, although I imagine it might get a bit wearing after a while. I watched Blacklist a while back, in which no-one ever knew the truth, and all they ever banged on about was wanting to know the truth, the actual true truth, and you just knew that it would absolutely never be revealed. So I still do not know, although I know some of the truth and it wasn't much to right home about to be honest. Probably better in the anticipation. Any television you might recommend? Nothing with gangsters though, can't be doing with that.

The dog is snoring softly as I write this. He had a bit of a shock on his walk this morning when three very lively German Shepherds chased him around. They were having fun and playing, he was more of the opinion that he was running for his life. He ended up being sort of herded down a tight lane past a Staffordshire bull terrier and mastiff that we know. Absolutely the sweetest dogs, but Bertie is generally a bit terrified of them. This morning he shot past at warp speed with the tiniest squeak, as if to say, 'What next???' Suffice to say we made it home for breakfast in record time.

11 comments:

  1. I love the sneaky peak at your garden. I too am waiting until it gets too cold and everything stops growing. It's always a bit of a relief, although it doesn't take long until I'm planning for next year and can't wait to get out there again. Poor Bertie, he seems a little numbed by life at the moment. If it's not other dogs or the v.e.t., it's squirrels laughing at him! Give him a big reassuring hug from me. TV-wise, I'm quite enjoying 'Angela Black' on Sunday evening. You might be able to watch it on catch up. 'Strictly' is also good if you fancy a bit of mindless frivolity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Bertie, nothing worse than being ganged up on. Just finished the latest Who do you think you are with Judi Dench. Very well worth watching especially her Danish ancestry. My beans have all gone sadly. They were pretty useless this year. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the Judi Dench programme - gave me goose bumps - I loved her reactions to all the amazing connections.

      Delete
  3. I have been binge watching Ben Fogle's programmes whilst crafting. Lots on My5 and the latest series on Sacred Islands is on BBC iPlayer. Or if you want a bit of crime - the back catalogue of Silent Witness is on BBC iPlayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd recommend Write Around the World with Richard E Grant, Josh Widdecombe on Who Do You Think You Are? and 3 seasons of Ghosts all on IPlayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Bertie! I think that boisterous dogs can come across as quite scary, even to other dogs. I spend a lot of time shouting "Slowly!" after my dog (that's not his name but it might as well be :) ) but I don't think it makes a great deal of difference! White Collar on Netflix is quite good - it took me about 3 episodes to get into it and it's not a difficult watch .. there's a definite end too which I think was probably about as good as they could make it and not disappointingly cheesy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a lot as I don't have a TV, which I don't miss at all. I sympathize with Bertie as to him that many big dogs must be pretty scary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has to be All creatures Great and Small on Channel five from me. Also Who do you think you are on BBC 1. The fabulous Judi Dench last night. I also watch a lot of recorded films which I missed before. It was Cold Comfort Farm recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Bertie! I used to have an Alsation cross - the sweetest dog imaginable but wanted to play with every other dog we met. The sight of a large, hairy hound bouncing down on them sent more than one running. At which point mine would turn and look at me with a "what did I do?" expression.
    I thoroughly recommend Ghosts (BBC) to watch. It's funny and sweet, which is all I ask of a programme right now. Absolutely no gangsters. Txx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation - started watching Ghosts this afternoon whilst crafting - I think I am really going to enjoy it.

      Delete
  9. Ruby hates it when dogs come bounding up to her,. She likes to be the pone to make the first move.

    ReplyDelete