Wednesday 27 October 2021

Blogtober 2021 :: Day 27

 










A little walk around the new allotments this morning. They were put there by the developer of some of the new houses. Not quite the same as the site where my allotment was, which was given to the town for people to raise their own food in 1546, but still, allotments all the same. 

Thank you for your scents and scented candle recommendations, I am ordering myself a treat or two for the lovely long dark winter evenings. 

It was mild and windy today, so I opened all the windows (still a trace of the elephant garlic about the place) and leaves blew in off of the wisteria that I am training around the window. A rather difficult neighbour moved away recently and it has left me loving my garden all the more. The new people seem lovely and I am happy as a clam. I go outside and breathe deeply and it is all totally stress-free. Happy, happy, happy. 

Although I wouldn't want you to think it is all immaculate and tidy out there or anything. There are a hundred jobs to be done and no time to do them and I am feeling horribly guilty about not Doing Things with the urchins over half term. I shall try hard to make time over the Christmas holidays. Of course, that assumes that they will want to do a thing with me. The youngest will, I am sure. I can lure him anywhere with the promise of a light snack. The middle one is generally harder to shift.

7 comments:

  1. So pleased that you have had an upgrade on the neighbours. It makes all the difference to live next to good people. My neighbours both sides have been here the entire time we have lived in this house; nearly 30 years. They are lovely.
    Good to see allotments have been added to the new housing estate. I think it should happen to all new builds with a special meadow area too. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The allotments look lovely. I agree with Barbara, they should be a requirement for all new builds. I'm really lucky in that our neighbours on all sides are fantastic. I have, however, lived in places in the past where we weren't so fortunate and it makes for a very stressful life. I'm glad your new ones a great improvement. Enjoy your candles. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how big the plots are, and how much. I like the wood carvings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to feel comfortable in your own garden again! I'm sorry for our neighbours as the ones on the other side are considerably louder, shoutier and swearier than the previous. On the plus side, it makes me feel positively saintly in the neighbour stakes.
    Those ARE posh new allotments. Look at those raised beds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah to new neighbours! It is amazing what a difference a good neighbour can make. I absolutely despised our old neighbours, they were so inconsiderate and unpleasant, including regular drunken top volume karaoke nights, always ending with Frank Sinatra late at night. That was not even the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a Gruffalo trail in a forest near to us and that mouse is there too along with the other characters ... it's surprising how well you can remember the words to the story even when your children are long grown up! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those carved animals just lovely. We've always been very lucky with our neighbours, it's a good job really as the ones next to us now were here when we moved in and that was twenty eight years ago, I wouldn't want to be stuck with bad neighbours for all that time.

    ReplyDelete