Friday 22 October 2021

Blogtober 2021 :: Day 22

 


A quick foray into the city to drop the eldest at the station. I don't much like the city any more, all so busy. As I was walking around, past the odd tree surrounded by gravel and concrete, all I could think was how it was all wrong for dogs. It seems I am a dog person now. I like lots of green snuffling areas and a bit of soil. Down by the station there are acres and acres of tarmac and concrete buildings everywhere and all the traffic.

An orange light came on on the dashboard. Apparently it signifies an engine malfunction. I cannot find the right secondhand car. I hear it is not the right time to buy one, but I fear this one is on its way out. It's been absolutely brilliant, up mountains and here, there and everywhere, reliable as can be. All I ask in a car really. That and room for a dog of course.

Half term is upon us, and the urchins are mooching about without much purpose. I am planning on getting the middle one to cook a meal or two, after some very flat comments about what I'd prepared earlier. I had to ask him whether he was being sarcastic when he said, 'Delicious,' in a monotone sort of a way. It turns out he was. For a moment I had dared to dream. 

I have a load of pak choi in the fridge that I had planned to turn into a tasty Japanese dish, but quite frankly I've lost the will to carry on now. Pak choi will push him over the edge.


7 comments:

  1. Whenever an orange light appears on our dashboard, we have to take it to the local garage so they can read some code and tell you what's wrong. It might be something relatively minor, so it's worth checking. Bosh! have a Vietnamese sticky tofu recipe that uses pak choi. Maybe the sweet stickiness will distract the attention away from all the greenery! I hope your son enjoys his trip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challenge him to make something delicious from park Choi. Challenges are the only way with men. I bet you can’t ……. Worth a try. Hope eldest enjoys his trip. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't liked cities much for a long time, and even less so nowadays. I hope that you find a good secondhand car soon. Happy half term! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose my last car specifically because it was the right size for our dog (well, a few other things as well, but that was important!). I am with you on the food thing - we were down to four recipes that everyone would eat which was quite ridiculous, but we did a stint of "Hello Fresh" over lockdown (terribly expensive but everybody ate everything so it was well worth it for a short while) and now I use those recipes as I know that dinner is going to get eaten xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy autumn..love Ria πŸ§‘πŸπŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸŒΎπŸ€πŸ§‘

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a city person - far too busy and noisy for me.

    ReplyDelete