The lovely Leanne at Today's Stuff nominated me for a Liebster Award the other day, and needless to say I was thrilled. The idea is that I write eleven random facts about myself, answer eleven questions that Leanne has asked, and then nominate three blogs to answer eleven questions of mine.
So here goes, a little about me.
1. I was a vegan for 25 years, although now I'm just a vegetarian.
2. I'm naturally a quiet person and I dislike loud noises. With three noisy boys this is unfortunate.
3. I would love to visit Venice.
4. I am fairly impatient.
5. My children were all born at home.
6. I love it when things are "Made in Britain". Increasingly hard to find.
7. I suspect I have a tiny little bit of OCD. People should not move my stuff!
8. I make bread machine bread almost every day, with barleycorn flour, yeast, salt, honey and water.
9. I used to be a croupier.
10. Right now I have more blackcurrants that I know what to do with.
11. I completed my law degree part-time in the evenings, whilst working full-time.
And now my answers to Leanne's questions.
1. Are you a morning person?
Yes, totally. I'm usually awake between 5.30 and 6.30am, and I get straight up.
2. What is your favourite fruit?
I think I would have to say cherries, they're so moreish.
3. Are you superstitious?
I try not to be, but occasionally I touch wood.
4. What is your favourite smell?
So many to choose from! I'm going to say coconut, it's sublime. Although the littlest boy and I were sniffing vanilla earlier and that was good too. Does it say something about me that I'm thinking food and not expensive perfume..?
5. Rock chick or hippy chick?
I did go through a rock chick phase, but the hippy was always in there I think. I grow my own vegetables and I've got a wormery, so I'm thinking hippy chick.
6. Do you have any pets?
We've got three - Lulu and Mrs Armitage are Abyssinian (rosetted) guinea pigs, and Nibbles is a Syrian hamster. A gerbil stayed last week, but he's gone home now. He did send us a thank you card today saying that he'd had a nice time though.
7. What is the furthest from home that you've travelled?
Casablanca. I cycled there. From Bristol. It took a while.
8. Do you read a paper?
Nope, not any more, no time! I listen to news and current affairs on Radio 4 while I'm doing kitchen things. Sometimes it's so grim I turn it off though. I'm tired of hearing about the economy.
9. What was your favourite TV programme as a child?
I loved Paddington Bear. There was a cosy happiness to it, as well as the humour.
10. Flora or fauna?
Fauna I think. Whilst the woods are beautiful, there is nothing like seeing a deer or an owl or even a rabbit.
11. What is your favourite Madonna song?
I'm going to say Borderline.
And now my eleven questions.
1. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
2. What was your first job?
3. Is there a book you return to again and again?
4. If you had an afternoon to yourself, what would you choose to do with it?
5. Is there something you would like to learn to do?
6. Do you have a favourite saying or quote?
7. Is there a naughty treat you love to eat?
8. Is there a great pub or restaurant near you that you would recommend?
9. What country would you visit if you could go anywhere?
10. Jeans or a skirt?
11. What is your favourite hobby?
The three blogs I'm nominating are:
They are all blogs I really enjoy reading, and well worth visiting. Thanks Leanne for nominating me, and for your great questions.