Friday 29 March 2013

If not now, when?


Goethe wrote, "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."  It is one of my favourite quotes, not least because, to be honest, I am one of those people who needs a little push from an inspirational line or two.  I think it's because I'm a dreamer, always imagining what I could do, what I might do, how wonderful it would all be.  But when it gets to the actual doing of it, usually the washing needs folding first, or the tea needs thinking about or... well, you get the picture.

Then I read a post by Lucy and it got me thinking about actually doing it.  Starting a blog of my very own.  Just plunging in and worrying about the details of it all later.  Learning as I go.  The timing is probably never going to be perfect, so why not now?  Although there is never quite enough time in life, it is another truth that we make time for what we want to do.  So, no more prevaricating, I'm doing it.  And it does mean that I will be able to break out a new notebook, which is something that makes me ridiculously happy.

Photo of a little blossom.  Spring will happen whether the temperatures warm up or not.

4 comments:

  1. Hello CJ....may I be the first to wish you a very warm welcome to Blogland :o)
    I LOVE the quote, it rings true for me too.
    I pondered over beginning my blog for almost a year before taking the plunge, so i well remember how you feel. Just remember this is your space and you can take it as gently as you like.
    I can tell you're going to have fun!
    Much love, Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Lucy, they mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jude, and thank you for visiting.

      Delete